Lacrosse is the safer sport during a pandemic!
Because of the characteristics listed below, lacrosse has an edge over nearly every other sport to varying degrees.
- Played outside in a large area. Unlike basketball.
- Limited/reduced player contact compared to other sports. Unlike basketball, soccer, and all football.
- All players wear gloves. Unlike basketball, soccer, and all football.
- All players handle the ball with a stick/net. (No ball or equipment handled commonly.) Unlike basketball, soccer, baseball, and all football.
- All players wear helmets. Unlike basketball, soccer, baseball, and flag football.
Additional precautions with Rattlers lacrosse making it even safer for players and coaches.
- All players wear full helmet face shields. Unlike all other sports.
- All coaches wear masks, face shields, or gaiters with filters during practice and games. Depends on other clubs...most do not appear to be doing this consistently.
- All players required to wear masks/gaiters during the season at practices and games when not wearing their helmet (to and from the field). Depends on other sports organizations' policies.
- Temperatures checked for all participants (players & coaches) at the beginning of all events. Depends on other sports organizations' policies.
Try it this spring! The Rattlers are registering now for grades K-8! Link to registration HERE.
Check HERE for additional program information for Spring.